City of Star official Document can be found HERE.
The following regulations shall govern the type, location, and construction of all fences:
A. General Standards:
1. Fences Taller Than Six Feet: All fences taller than six feet (6') require a building permit in the city of Star.
2. Barbwire Fencing: Barbwire fencing shall be prohibited, except in the LI district, when: a) used as the top section for security fencing; and b) located a minimum of six feet (6') above grade to the bottom wire.
3. Unsightly Materials: The use of boxes, sheet metal, old or decayed wood, broken masonry blocks, or other like unsightly materials for fencing shall be prohibited.
4. Obstruction: No fence shall obstruct access to public utility boxes, meters or other infrastructure.
5. Maintenance: Fences shall be kept free from advertising and graffiti and maintained in good repair.
6. Front Yard Fences: Front yard fences shall not exceed three feet (3') height for closed vision and four feet (4') open vision.
7. Compliance With Clear Vision Triangle Requirements: All fences shall comply with the clear vision triangle requirements as stated in section 8-4A-7 of this article.
405 E 41st St
Garden City, ID 83714
PO BOX 9306
Boise, ID 83707
Monday, Tuesday, & Fridays
Like us on Facebook to see our latest work and find out about special promotions.