You can find the entire official Document Here.
8-4A-3: FENCES AND WALLS:
A. Permit Required: Anyone constructing a fence or wall over six feet (6') in height, not in conjunction with a building permit for a principal use or building, or any fence located in the floodway shall secure a permit from the city prior to construction. (Ord. 944-12, 5-14-2012)
B. Maximum Height Requirements:
1. Fences and walls located along a street frontage within the front yard setback: Three and one-half feet (3.5').
2. Fences and walls located within rear and interior side setbacks: Six feet (6').
3. Fences and walls on residential property with rear and interior side yards located adjacent to commercial uses: Eight feet (8').
4. Fences and walls on corner properties: Six feet (6') with a minimum setback of ten feet (10') from the front property line.
5. The height of fences and walls shall be measured from the existing grade. (Ord. 898-08, 9-8-2008)
C. Fences And Walls Subject To Design Review: The following fences and walls shall be approved through the design review process as set forth in section 8-6B-3, "Design Review Committee", of this title.
1. Electric And Barbed Wire Fencing: Electric and barbed wire fencing may be allowed in the LI, C base districts and around agricultural uses when: a) used as the top section for security fencing; and b) located a minimum of six feet (6') above grade to the bottom wire.
2. Prohibited Fencing Materials: The use of boxes, sheet metal, old or decayed wood, broken masonry blocks, chainlink with slats, or other like unsightly materials for fencing shall be prohibited. (Ord. 944-12, 5-14-2012)
405 E 41st St
Garden City, ID 83714
PO BOX 9306
Boise, ID 83707
Monday, Tuesday, & Fridays
Like us on Facebook to see our latest work and find out about special promotions.